Law Office of Robert Weaver
San Diego, California
We work as a team with other experts, CPAs and attorneys. Every client has direct contact with our principal attorney, Robert Weaver. If you would like more information about attorney services or would like to schedule a consultation, give us a call.
Your Dream. Our Team.
Business, Finance, Estate Planning
We come from a business background and know how important it is for an entrepreneur to have experts on their side that work toward solutions - in creating an entity, drafting a contract, closing a deal. In and out of the courtroom, our goal is to help further enterprise objectives in a cost-effective manner.
Starting a business in San Diego?
Developing a great team of professionals to assist you should be top on your list of priorities. That includes obtaining the services of an experienced business lawyer. If you want to grow your business, the advice and expertise of an attorney will be indispensable to your success. Here are some of the ways:
Entity Formation of Your Company
Determine the type of organization that is best for your business. Help you prepare and file any necessary paperwork, as well as advising what type of business form (sole proprietorship, Limited Liability Company, corporation, etc.) best represents your interests.
Drafting, reviewing or negotiation of contracts is what commerce is made of. You need to understand every section of the contract and make sure that it is in your favor as much as possible.
Employer / Employee Relationships
Employment policies, employee contracts, compliance with discrimination, harassment and termination policies all need to be in compliance with state and local labor laws.
No one looks for lawsuits, but disputes do happen. In that event, we can assist you in negotiation and mediation of contracts, and provide support in the event of litigation.
Protection of you, your employees, and your business is your responsibility. One of the first things you can do to develop that protection is to have an attorney representing your interests on a continuing basis.
We work with many lenders to structure real estate and business financing for homeowners, investment property owners, and businesses.
Probate loans are made to estates and trusts that are working through distribution issues. See our website at www.probateloans.online.
Mortgage loan information can be obtained at our site www.homeequityboost.com.
Estate and Succession Planning
We help clients and businesses develop tax-based cash flow and asset protection strategies that allow them to keep and enjoy more of what they earn. See our website www.willsandtrusts.guru.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Weaver works with many other attorneys and concentrates his practice in the areas of business and finance for both public and private companies. He has experience in public and private equity and debt offerings, venture financings, corporate transactions, merger and acquisition transactions and reverse mergers. He has represented publicly and privately held companies in technology, retail, manufacturing, financial services and biotechnology industries.
He also focuses on estate planning and protection for business succession. Depending on the facts and circumstances, some of the tools he uses include revocable and irrevocable trusts, asset protection entities and programs, qualified retirement plans, charity strategies, structured insurance and payment plans.
Mr. Weaver, among other responsibilities, has previously served as General Counsel and member of the Board of Directors of a 4,000 employee professional employer organization; as a member of the Board of Directors of a computer network hardware manufacturer, an electronic instrument company, and a public natural gas drilling company; as a Registered Representative (Series 7 and 63), General Securities Principal (Series 24) and Financial and Operations Principal (Series 27) of a FINRA registered market making investment banker; as an Associated Person (Series 3) of a NFA registered commodity trading advisor, as General Counsel of an agricultural biotechnology firm; as a Partner of a venture capital incubator, and as Director of Syndication of a major San Diego real estate broker, mortgage banker, insurance and property management company. After college, he started his professional life as a Cost Analyst at the defense contractor, General Dynamics Convair Aerospace Division, developing bid proposals for aircraft and missile programs.
All California Courts
U.S. District Courts, Central and Southern Districts of California
Supreme Court of the United States
J.D., Thomas Jefferson School of Law
M.S., Business Finance, San Diego State University
B.A., San Diego State University
Career Related Activities
Judge, University of San Diego School of Law, Appellate Moot Court Competition
Participant, Presenters University, Table Bay Financial Network
Speaker, San Diego County Escrow Association seminar
Panelist, venture conference sponsored by the Los Angeles Software Council
Guest Lecturer, San Diego State University, School of Business
Speaker, Successful Money Management Seminars
Speaker, "Where and How to Raise $50,000 to $2,000,000 for Your Business Without the Bank" seminar sponsored by the Greater San Diego Chamber of Commerce
Speaker, INNOVATE Forum, an educational and networking forum for technology entrepreneurs
Panelist, MIT Enterprise Forum, San Diego
Invited Participant to the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission Government Business Forum on Small Business Capital Formation
Market Technicians Association (MTA)(Inactive)
Securities Traders Association of Los Angeles (STALA)(Inactive)
Other Licenses and Certificates
California Class B General Building Contractor
California Broker - Real Estate and Mortgage
FAA Private Pilot Certificate
Sergeant - HDSA Reserves - San Diego County Sheriff's Department
United States Marine Corps Reserve, Honorable Discharge
U.S. Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance (Inactive)
MENSA (Society for persons with I.Q. 140+) (Inactive)
- Concurrently managed a litigation load of over 25 cases representing the company as a plaintiff in collection, defamation, and contract dispute matters and over 14 cases representing the company as a defendant in workers' compensation, OSHA, sexual harassment, discrimination, property damage, personal injury, contract damage, and construction defect matters.
- Successful defense attorney in a securities litigation suit brought by plaintiff’s attorney Milberg Weis Bershad Hynes & Lerach LLP.
- Represented numerous securities broker-dealers in investment banking, public offerings, private placements, employee relations, and arbitration proceedings.
- Within 18 months, through negotiations and court proceedings, decreased the litigation liability of a company from over $6 million to less than $3 million.
- Structured many mergers and acquisitions involving public companies and filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission
Filed numerous Securities Act registration statements and Exchange Act reports with the SEC and state securities regulators.
- Prepared over 35 filings with NASDAQ for public company listings.
- Negotiated and drafted documents for many financings including a $35 million private equity line of credit for a public company.
- Reviewed patent and licensing agreements and selected and worked with patent attorneys for electrical and biotechnology patent submissions
- Negotiated a bank line of credit exceeding $8 million (pre-2000).
- Negotiated inventory and receivable financing from various commercial finance companies, and equipment lease and real property leases from vendors.
- Responsible for estimating the costs of raw materials, purchased parts and subcontract vendors for bid proposals to the US government and prime defense contractors on projects up to $3 billion.
- Performed detailed investigations of costs in all areas of aircraft and guided missile development: pre-design, design, engineering, tooling, manufacturing, and maintenance and test equipment requirements.
- Conducted subcontractor bid evaluations and price analysis.
- Structured numerous public offerings and broker-dealer syndicates of up to $5 million.
- Represented major real estate syndication organizations in negotiations for and financial analysis of large residential income properties
- Direct line responsibility for Finance and Administration Department of an $8 million revenue firm (pre-2000).
- Responsible for project management and MIS for contracts with the U.S. Air Force.
- Organized development of a 120-unit apartment project, and created and funded the public limited partnership that acquired it.
This web site and the material on it is provided for informational purposes only, may not reflect the most current legal developments, and is not intended as advertising. The information contained herein is not provided in the course of an attorney-client relationship and is not intended to constitute legal advice or to substitute for obtaining legal advice from an attorney licensed in your state. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. You should not act upon this information without seeking appropriate legal counsel.